CLICK HERE! to fill out our Volunteer Application
ONE TIME VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
June 19th: 9-12pm, GOTR Office
-Volunteers will examine coach box materials to ensure quality
-Volunteers will sort a variety of materials
-Volunteers will accurately inventory all supplies
The following paperwork must be collected on all volunteers regardless of their roles:
- Volunteer Application once the application is received a phone interview will be conducted with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Background Check
- Health History Form
- Signed Non-Compete Clause
All head coaches must be female and at least 21 years of age. There must be at least one Head Coach present in order for a site to operate on a given day.
All new Coaches Assistants must be at least 18 years of age. Assistant coaches may be male or female. At least one Assistant Coach must be present with Head Coach at all times.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
The Site Liaison reports to the Girls on the Run® Program Coordinator and is responsible for managing their specific Girls on the Run® site; involved in registration, site updates, marketing materials, site feedback, etc.
New Coach Training
All coaches (Head and Assistant) must attend a full training session with the trained Girls on the Run® staff before coaching a Girls on the Run® program.
CPR & First Aid Certification
At least one coach per team must have CPR and First Aid certification on file by the first session of any given season. The CPR training course curriculum must be equivalent to The American Red Cross, American Heart Association and National Safety Council. CPR certification may be obtained through an online training course; however, it is required to include an in-person skills test and receipt of a course completion card.
Requirements for Volunteers
- Genuine interest in leading a healthy life
- Interest in physical fitness or running
- Commitment to the mission of Girls on the Run®
- Reliable, honest and positive outlook on life
- Interest in the issues facing young women today
- Desire to get involved in a nonprofit organization & help create public awareness
- Ability to commit to volunteering for the duration of a season
Alex Sypher, Volunteer Coordinator
email@example.com or 704.837.0088