Interested in Starting a Site?
Do you want Girls on the Run/Girls on Track at a school, a YMCA, a church, an organization, etc?
Step One: Download & Review the New Site Set-up Information
A Site Liaison (Click here to view volunteer job description).
- A meeting location
- An indoor rain site
- A safe, dedicated outdoor space for running. THIS IS ESSENTIAL. This does not have to be a track. A field is fine. However, there is a need to measure off part of the area for occasions when lessons require running a certain distance, e.g. 1 mile, 5K, etc.
- Two to four volunteer coach candidates
- Two days a week to offer the program for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half
- Support from the school principal or site director
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of girls throughout Cabarrus & Mecklenburg Counties
Step Two: Fill out a new site application. Click here for a printable application
Application Deadline: July 1st for the Fall 2013 Season, and November 1st for the Spring 2014 Season
Please contact the Girls on the Run office with any questions you may have at (704)376-9817 x117 or via email at email@example.com
Step Three: Upon recieving your application, our Program Coordinator will review the application and be in touch to schedule a new site setup meeting.
*Please note that all applications are subject to approval prior. Just because an application has been submitted doesn’t mean the program will be offered.