Hey there, Girls on the Run Supporters!
We need VOLUNTEERS for our December 7th 5k at Huntersville Business Park.
Register to Volunteer, CLICK HERE
Who: Girls on the Run – serving Cabarrus and Mecklenburg counties
When: Saturday, December 7th
Where: Huntersville Business Park l 13801 Reese Blvd Huntersville, NC 28078
What Time: Volunteers arrive at 6:30am – leave roughly at 10:30am
What to Wear: Athletic shoes, warm clothes, rain jacket, blanket, etc.
What to Bring: Booth/station materials will be dropped off by event staff
Girls on the Run and Girls on Track programs have started this fall 2013 throughout Cabarrus and Mecklenburg Counties! Girls on the Run teams will meet twice a week for ten weeks to learn about being an individual, building teamwork, making new friendships, learning to stand up for themselves, developing and implementing a community service project, and of course training for the 5k!
Please mark your calendars for the Girls on the Run 5k on December 7th in Huntersville. Feel free to register now for only $20! *Your daughter is already registered for the 5k with her program fee. For more information, go to GOTR 5k!
Please feel free to contact our office at 704-376-9817 with any questions you may have. Looking forward to a great season!
Alex, Jessica and McKenna
How can my daughter sign up? Depending on the location, you must sign up via online registration or paper registration. Click on Fall 2013 Program Listing to learn whether your site has online or paper registration. Tiered online registration and paper registration will begin on September 4th!
Important Fall 2013 Dates:
- Registration Begins – September 4th
- Registration Ends – Once a site is full or on September 13th at 5pm
- Season Begins – The week of September 23rd
- Season Ends – December 7th with the Girls on the Run 5k in Huntersville, NC
Questions: Feel free to contact us at 704-376-9817
We are looking forward to a memorable Girls on the Run fall 2013 season!
Sincerely, Jessica, McKenna & Alex
In order to offer GOTR/GOT programming, we need FUN, dedicated and SUPERSTAR volunteer coaches at:
Contact Alex, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 704-837-0088
Warm-up your spirit fingers, lace up your sneakers and inspire a group of girls to be strong and healthy. Teams of volunteer coaches facilitate our easy to follow curriculum with groups of 8-15 girls over the course of 10 weeks. Amidst the conversation, laughter, hugs and energy awards, you will witness transformational change in the girls and don’t be surprised if you realize that you are positively changing as well! The program may end in 10 weeks, but for our coaches and girls, the finish line is just the beginning. Ready to make a difference and encourage girls to realize their full potential?
The first step is signing up. Ready, Set, Coach!
Summer Facebook Contest
It’s summer time, which means it time for summer fun!
Girls on the Run of Charlotte is holding a Facebook contest this summer called, Oh, the Places GOTR Will Go!
Do you have something amazing planned this summer? Are you going to go on a beautiful hike, visiting a wonderful location or just doing something fun!? Take GOTR with you!
- Wear a GOTR shirt on the adventure.
- Take a picture.
- Share your picture and adventure with GOTRC on Facebook! Go to the Girls on the Run of Charlotte Facebook page, post your picture, write a few sentences, include #ohtheplacesGOTRwillgo and you are entered!
Two individuals will be selected to receive a FREE registration into our GOTR 5k on December 7th!
FACEBOOK CONTEST ENDS ON JULY 31ST!
GOTR girls, coaches, family members, and supporters are all able to participate! Are you willing to share your GOTR adventure? Oh, the Places GOTR Will Go, starts now!
Team Adelaide is a group of experienced coaches who assist with coach trainings and site visits for Girls on the Run of Charlotte. Team Adelaide members agree to complete a minimum of 3 site visits throughout the first 2-6 weeks of our 10 week season, assist at coach trainings, and to support our terrific volunteer coaches. This is a great role for volunteers who are looking for a way to support GOTR, spend time in the field with our GOTR participants, and be engaged in GOTR in a new way!
- Previous experience as a GOTR/GOT coach
- Attend a 1 ½ hour training session
- Consent to a background check
- Sign a non-compete clause
- Visit a minimum of three GOTR sites between week 2 and week 6 (late September–early November). Most teams meet immediately after-school between 2:45-5:30, but there are some early morning sessions as well.
- Time commitment: about 10-20 hours over the course of the season, including training, site visits, and site visit follow up.
- Assist with coach training- Coach check in, lead sample lesson, present coach tips, sit on a panel, etc (August 2013)
- Assess the available practice space at site (indoors and out) for safety and effectiveness for program administration
- Provide encouragement and support to the girls and coaches
- Check in with the coaches to see how things are going, do they need assistance, any issues, etc
- Complete site review form and submit to GOTR staff within 48 hours of visit
- Take photos at the site visit and submit to GOTR staff within 48 hours of visit
- Report any concerns or needs raised/identified at site during visit to GOTRC staff within 48 hours of visit
- Send follow-up email to coaches visited offering encouragement, appreciation and recognition as appropriate
- Opportunity to sub-coach if interested
- Free entry into Girls on the Run 5K (volunteer running buddy)
- Official GOTR T-shirt
- Mentor, inspire, and stay connected with GOTR!
Please email McKenna Collins a firstname.lastname@example.org regarding signing up for Team Adelaide and for more information.
Fall 2013 Season Dates:
September 4th – Registration will begin with online or paper registration, First Come, First Serve!
September 13th - Registration will end on this date, or before if a team is full (15 girls maximum/team).
September 23rd – The fall 2013 GOTR season will begin this week!
December 7th - Girls on the Run 5k in Huntersville, NC!
Girls on the Run of Charlotte is accepting applications for new advisory board members.
All Advisory Board Members must agree to the following standards:
1) Support the mission and vision of Girls on the Run
2) Commit to service on the Girls on the Run of Charlotte Board for a 2-year term
3) Meetings: Attend 70% of all meetings, Prepare for and participate in meetings, maintain confidentiality of the board’s deliberations, serve on at least one board committee
4) Financial Development/Fundraising: Give an annual gift according to personal means, assist in implementing fundraising strategies through personal influence with others, actively participate in financial development to ensure fundraising goals are met by the end of the fiscal year (June 30).
5) Know and support the organization’s purpose, goals, policies, objectives and programs.
Girls on the Run of Charlotte hosts Advisory Board Meetings bi-monthly on the second Tuesday of the month. Meetings take place in February, April, June, August, October and December annually. Please note that special purpose meetings may take place during off months.
Interested applicants please submit a copy of your resume and a letter stating why you would like to serve on the Girls on the Run of Charlotte board to Jessica Otto, Council Director at email@example.com. All applications must be submitted for review by June 7, 2013. The Girls on the Run board will review applications during our June meeting and reply back to all applicants.
Questions: Please feel free to contact Jessica Otto at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.